Based in Pune, India
26 June, 2015
Apple App Store
UNWYND is made with pure intention of offering a very sleek and sharp puzzle experience to the fans of puzzle genre. Most of the mobile games being developed these days cater towards casual audience and there's a lack of content for the hardcore puzzle fans. Being a fan of hard puzzlers like Kami and Puzzle Retreat, we went ahead and kept UNWYND's difficulty curve on the higher side. The game is targeted towards hardcore puzzle players who've been waiting for a challenging puzzler. The game employs a simple swipe based mechanic in order to solve meticulously crafted combo - based puzzles. There is heavy emphasis on letting the player paint unique "looking" solution to each puzzle presented on the screen. Each solution can be achieved in multiple patterns depending on player’s approach to gestures. The core of game is based on color and symbol matchmaking. With swift gestures ,players need to pull in coloured ribbons that mark the blocks on screen based on their respective colours resulting in different combinations of X and O patterns.
After a test soft launch on Android, the team decided to completely rework game's UI and add gameplay elements to make the game more accessible and appealing. The major help came when Dropout Games reached the finals of Big Indie Pitch at Pocket Gamer Connects Bangalore. The team got a chance to interact with veterans from studio including Zepto Labs, Reliance Games, Yellow Monkey studios and many major indie devs. The amount of feedbacks given were very helpful to improve the game and take it to the next level. All this led to UNWYND's iOS launch where UNWYND got featured in over 80 countries in the Best New Games Category and got an Editor's Choice Banner in India.
- Inspired by the classic game of Tic-Tac-Toe, UNWYND features some amazing colour based puzzles.
- Completely new UI and UX to suit the iOS audience.
- Additional gameplay changes over the Android Version.
- Over 90 unforgiving levels catered for the hardcore puzzle fans.
- Music by Ashley Read, known for his work on AAA titles including EVE: Valkyrie, Watchdogs and The Crew.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best of 2015" Apple App Store, 15 December, 2015
- "Editor's Choice Feature" Apple App Store, 02 June, 2015
- "Big Indie Pitch: Top 5 Finalist" Pocket Gamer Connects Bangalore, 16 April, 2015
- "Finalist at Regional Game Hack event." Game Hack, 16 January, 2015
- "Paint horizontal and vertical stripes to solve complex conundrums in Dropout Games’ addictive puzzler. True to its name, UNWYND can be a zen-like experience, sporting comforting blips and an easy-on-the-eyes art style. While the stages eventually ramp up in difficulty—adding new colors to match and increasingly complex shapes—there’s a peaceful undercurrent throughout."
- App Store Editor, Apple App Store
- "when a nicely chilled puzzler like Unwynd comes along, it's always a refreshing change of pace."
- Peter Willington, Pocket Gamer
- "Unwynd proved to be a nice time-killer – if you like using your brain, that is. It’s not an easy game! "
- Mary-Anne Lee, Games In Asia
- "There are multiple solutions available for each puzzle, so UNWYND ends up quite relaxing. Without the stress of timer or stars to aim for, it’s fun to decipher things. "
- Jennifer Allen, 148 Apps
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Dropout Games
Dropout Games is an indie developer and publishing studio, creating amazing experience for mobile and PC.
More information on Dropout Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Business & Design, Dropout Games
Development & Art, Dropout Games
Video Editing, Freelancer
Video Editing, Freelancer